It’s every person’s dream to have a beautiful body. Apart from aesthetic beauty, having athletic body is much healthier, which is priceless for everybody. One of the most popular and affordable ways of keeping slim is jogging.
What are the benefits and how much one should do it?
This type of exercise is popular because it doesn’t require spending money on the gym – all you have to do is just go outside and start running.
It’s important to remember that any exercises should be done in moderation. Otherwise, overdoing exercises that the body is unprepared for can lead to health problems. Let’s find out what restrictions should be imposed when jogging and if it is possible to lose weight by doing such activity every day.
Running every day
Having quite a serious type of impact on the body, running can be the so-called warm-up type of exercise. If you don’t exhaust your body during this training, such activity can serve as a morning exercise that will prepare you and give you strength and vigor for the whole day ahead.
If jogging every day in the mornings is okay is an open question for a lot of people. In the morning hours a person has more energy and is ready to work “to the fullest”, but doing such a workout every day is a moot point.
In case the activity is performed like a normal and light warm-up without putting a heavy stress on a person’s health, then everyday practice is beneficial. But if you exhaust yourself daily with sports, it can lead to serious health problems which will make you forget about reaching desired goals.
Doing exercises 3-4 days a week has a positive impact on the body. Having a rest in the end of the week or every other day helps muscles to restore after the trainings. Exercising more often will lead to physical exhaustion and the likelihood of getting injury.
Before you start training hard, it is necessary to learn a few rules:
- You have to perform this activity steadily, without overloading your unprepared body. Doing sports shouldn’t give you overwhelming fatigue, but rather provide you with a surge of energy for the whole day.
- Having decided to run every day to lose weight, a lot of novice runners try to fit this exercise in any free period of time in their daily routine. Such an approach is incorrect, as with any other activity, sports exercises should have their own schedule that you should stick to in order to reach a desired result.
At the initial stages of trainings, you shouldn’t expect any great results, as it requires considerable physical and mental efforts, which develop only with time.
How much should you run
It’s hard to say how much weight you can lose while running, as this number will depend on the amount of time you spend jogging. When deciding to start doing sports, in particular running, people set goals in the form of distance for a current day. Such goals in the form of particular distances are not correct or beneficial.
The thing is, when running, a person should feel his body and not exhaust it in case of the first signs of feeling heavy. For some people, completing the set distances may be easy, for others – impossible, so to control your feelings you should establish time frames instead of distances.
Running one hour for a set is also not a great idea. The amount of time should correspond to the level of your body strength. The beginners should do this exercise no longer than 15 minutes for a set. As your physical endurance gradually increases, the time should be prolonged by 5-10 minutes.
If we convert the time frames into the amount of kilometers, then in the first case the distance will be 1-2 kilometers (without stops), in the second – about 5 kilometers.
What’s the best time for running
You can work on your body in any part of the day, but each part of the day – morning, afternoon and evening – has its own time frames when body is more active for getting a new portion of training loads. In order to lose weight, you have to stick to the schedule, systematization of exercises will help you reach the desired goals.
For novice runners, running a set of 3 km will beneficially affect physical endurance if exercising in the range of the following time frames:
1. In the morning from 6.30 AM to 7.30 AM
2. In the evening from 4 PM to 6 PM
3. In the afternoon from 11.00 AM to 12.00 PM (Exercising at this time is relevant on weekends)
We talked about the issue of running every day in the mornings above, but haven’t talked about running every day in the evenings. If evening exercises don’t put a huge stress on your body, then jogging every evening won’t do any harm, especially after a day at work.
Scientific facts about running
There are a few main facts that prove the necessity of everyday jogging for staying healthy.
Every day running exercises normalize sugar level in the blood, improve the sensitivity of cells to the insulin and boost hemoglobin level.
1. Jogging help develop muscle groups. The only body part that doesn’t get training load in this case is hands.
2. Every day jogging is the fastest way to lose weight. Moderate exercising helps to burn the necessary amount of calories without stressing the body, and every day running for 10-20 minutes help to improve metabolism.
3. Scientists discovered that people who love running are 50% less prone to dying because of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Scientists also proved the fact that running exercises provoke the production of dopamine – hormone of happiness, which means that jogging brings people physical and mental pleasure.
5. Jogging on a treadmill helps to increase endurance and increases the quality of exercising by several times in comparison with the outdoor activities.
Benefits of running
Needless to say that any physical activities, if being done moderately, have a positive impact on person’s health.
Correctly made schedule helps to reach the desired result.
The benefits of the jogging are the following:
- Muscle tone increase;
- Complex exercise for all muscle groups;
- Strengthening the musculoskeletal system;
- Restoration of the respiratory system.
Apart from significantly improving health, jogging helps people to relax after a working day or to get prepared for it in the morning. That is if you haven’t decided to run 10 km a set, of course.
Thus, running every day is completely okay. As with any other activity, it is important to be moderate and don’t over exhaust your body.
Always keep in mind that physical activities directly impact health, so both neglecting them or overdoing them is extremely dangerous.